The Barbless Blob Selection.
The blob fly is a staple of most Stillwater fisherman's fly boxes. Love them or hate them these bright coloured flies are sure to provoke a response on those days when nothing else seems to work. This selection comes with 15 flies (5 different patterns, 3 of each in size 10).
Here are a few pointers on fishing a blob (not that we are experts at it):
- Use a long rod (a 10' to 12', 5 or 6 weight with a floating or slow sinking line), with a team of 3 flies using the blob as an attractor (Buzzers and Diawl Bachs work well for this).
- Fish the flies as slow as possible, suspending them and allowing them to drop will attract curious fish.
- There are various methods to retrieve them, figure 8 always works well as it allows it to slowly swim through the water attracting fish to the other flies as well.
Descriptions and photo's of the flies can be found below:
- Custard Cream Blob - 3x size 10
- Meteor Blob - 3x size 10
- Orange Pea Blob - 3x size 10
- Sick Boy Blob - 3x size 10
- Yellow Pea Blob - 3x size 10
All fly selections from Barbless Flies are shipped free of charge, to anywhere in the world.