We have managed to get our hands on some very nice cane fly rods, both reconditioned and new. The reconditioned rods are sourced from France where they are stripped down to bare cane and then all rings, whippings, cork and reel seats are replaced with new components. These are an ideal entry into the world of cane.
Our French reconditioned Cane fly rods are priced at £295, except the ones with spare tip sections (£345), and come supplied in a rod bag and tube. For more specifications and photos, please click on the highlighted link to download a product sheet:
- S/N: 030122 - 5'5" / 165cm / Line #3-4 / Weight 67g / 2 Piece / £295
- S/N: 180122 - 5'7" / 170cm / Line #3-4 / Weight 77g / 2 Piece + Spare Tip / £345
- S/N: 100222 - 5'7" / 170cm / Line #3-4 / Weight 70g / 2 Piece + Spare Tip / £345
- S/N: 150222 - 5'8" / 172cm / Line #3-4 / Weight 99g / 2 Piece + Spare Tip / £345
- S/N: 061221 - 5'9" / 175cm / Line #3-4 / Weight 72g / 2 Piece / £295
- S/N: 170122 - 5'9" / 176cm / Line #3-4 / Weight 80g / 2 Piece / £295
These rods are all rated 3/4wt. We have been recommended to use the higher line weight silk line where there is not much room for casting and roll casts are the order of the day. Where there is more room then the lower weight silk line is recommended.
As luck would have it, we also stock silk lines (made right here in Yorkshire, which are ideal for these rods) you can find them here - Ian Moxon Silk Fly Lines, made in Sheffield, UK
All of our products are delivered FREE of charge to ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD