The Barbless Heavy Ceramic Nymph Selection, our friend Stanislas Freyheit, of Nymphevolution, has once again come up with the goods, and tied us a specialist selection of barbless super heavy ceramic nymphs (using quality Dohiku barbless hooks).
What's so unique about these nymphs then - apart from the way they're made? Well, these nymphs come with what no other fly in the UK does - a guarantee! That's right, these flies are unbreakable - so if you break one within the first year of buying it, it will be replaced FREE of charge.
These flies are designed to be the point fly in a Czech Nymph setup. We have had real success with these teamed up with our White Selection. We fish these with our Hends 9m French Leaders, for super sensitivity and stealth!
We supply these heavy ceramic nymphs in three sizes (12's, 14's & 16's), their tungsten equivalents are:
- Size 16 Tungsten Ceramic = 0.8mm Lead Wire = 0.31g = 3.0mm Tungsten Bead
- Size 14 Tungsten Ceramic = 1.0mm Lead Wire = 0.50g = 4.0mm Tungsten Bead
- Size 12 Tungsten Ceramic = 1.2mm Lead Wire = 0.95g = 5.0mm Tungsten Bead
This selection includes:
- 3 x Size 12's - Caddis yellow segmented ceramic body, Copper coloured Tungsten bead & Spectra dubbing
- 3 x Size 14's - Caddis yellow segmented ceramic body, Copper coloured Tungsten bead & Spectra dubbing
- 3 x Size 16's - Caddis yellow segmented ceramic body, Copper coloured Tungsten bead & Spectra dubbing
Ceramic flies are a new introduction to the UK (but they originate from France where they have been successfully used for both Grayling and Brown Trout). They are made with lead wire which is then coated with a polymerized UV cure to provide their hard ceramic shell, then topped off with a tungsten bead. The surface of the body is totally smooth, this feature allows them to sink faster and deeper than any other nymph. Ceramic flies account for lots of fish on the continent because their body is made of alternate clear and dark rings which imitate the caddis and mayflies larvas found in UK rivers.
The above price includes 9 hand-made super heavy tungsten ceramic flies supplied in our eco-friendly packaging.
All products from Barbless Flies are shipped free of charge to anywhere in the world.