The Pheasant Tail Jig is one of the most popular dressings among fly anglers in Europe, the Pheasant Tail has probably caught fish in every river of the world, simply a must-have fly!
Now that Winter is finally making an appearance and the frosts are starting to become more regular, the Grayling will have started to shoal up in the deeper pockets. With the rivers generally higher than normal and the flow often stronger, you're going to need something a bit heavier if you want to target the Grayling in these conditions.
When you fish a nymph on a jig hook it fishes upside down so the head will always be either in or just above the riverbed, it is important for the nymph to be seen, so we've added a coloured bead, in 7 different colours:
- Gold Beaded Pheasant Tail Jig
- Matt Red Beaded Pheasant Tail Jig
- Fluoro Yellow Beaded Pheasant Tail Jig
- Bright Pink Beaded Pheasant Tail Jig
- Orange Beaded Pheasant Tail Jig
- Metallic Red Beaded Pheasant Tail Jig
- Copper Beaded Pheasant Tail Jig
Generally, the water levels at this time of year are average to high, so we've included a slotted 3.5 mm tungsten bead to the size 14 jig hook.