Even the postman won't know you've ordered these - delivered with the utmost discretion!
Flies For Stillwaters
(that catch lots of fish!)
Love them or loath them, it looks like they're here to stay, yes we're talking about Booby's. Best either fished deep on a sinking line (some of these patterns are specifically tied in the slightly larger sizes), stripped across the surface or used to hold a team of flies in the water column, these flies do catch fish (and divide opinions!). Don't worry though, you can always choose the Discreet Packaging option at checkout, so even the postman doesn't know what you've bought!
For lots more tips on how to fish these flies, please see the bottom of this email. You will also find some news on recent website updates and NEW features we've implemented.
The Booby is a staple fly in most Stillwater anglers boxes because it will provoke a response in a fish when all else fails. But what actually is a Booby and what does it imitate?
A true Booby is tied on a short-shank wide-gape hook with a short and bulky body made from colourful fritz, with two round foam balls tied just behind the eye - hence the name Booby. The fly is not really supposed to imitate anything and acts more as a lure would. It's more of an attractor pattern that is designed to gain the attention of any passing fish.
Love them or hate them these Cat Booby's are sure to provoke a response on those days when nothing else seems to work. This selection contains 12 flies (4 different patterns, 3 of each in size 12):
- Black Cat Thing Booby - 3 x Size 12
- The Thing Cat Booby - 3 x Size 12
- O-Cat Booby - 3 x Size 12
- Razzle Ct Booby - 3 x Size 12
Our Cat Booby Selection contains 12 flies in total. We are offering this selection today for only £18.
*** We only have very limited numbers of these - 20 to be exact - so you will need to be quick! ***
Each of the Cat Booby's in this selection can also be ordered separately, just click on the button below to view all our different Booby patterns.
But wait ... we've got some more ...
Love them or hate them these bright coloured Barbless Booby's are sure to provoke a response on those days when nothing else seems to work. This selection contains 15 flies (5 different patterns, 3 of each):
- Black Sparkler Booby - 3 x Size 12
- Coral Booby - 3 x Size 12
- Holo Kingfisher Diawl Booby - 3 x Size 14
- Holo Olive Diawl Booby - 3 x Size 14
- Olive UV Booby - 3 x Size 14
Our Barbless Booby selection contains 15 flies in total. We are offering this selection today for only £20.*** We only have very limited numbers of these - 25 to be exact - so you will need to be quick! ***
Go on, you know you want to!
How To Fish The Booby
There are loads of different ways the Booby can help increase your catch rate when fishing stillwaters. Here's are just a few tips to help you on your way:
- From the bank - When fishing from the bank you can utilise the floating properties of the Booby to suspend a small fly (think Diawl Bach or Cruncher) completely motionless in the water column - setting a trap for any passing fish.
- On the bottom - when in the colder months the fish are hard on the lake bed, try using a sinking line with a very short (3ft to 5ft) leader with a booby on the point and a small nymph/bloodworm on a dropper. This setup will allow the booby to fish 'popped up' just above the lake bed and the nymph/bloodworm exactly in the place the fish would expect to see them.
- The Washing Line - This technique is very popular on larger expanses of water and is especially successful when the fish are up in the top third of the water column. Essentially it uses to Booby (tied to the point of a long leader - 12ft to 16ft) to suspend a number of nymphs on short droppers in the surface of the water. Just cast it out and let any wind impart movement in your flies.
Website Updates & News
Over the last few weeks, we've been really busy updating our website. The majority of the changes have been made behind the scenes, but there are a few which you may have noticed, just in case you haven't, here they are:
- Discounts - We've updated the basket/cart process to implement a tiered discount on all our flies, we have 2 discount tiers - 5% and 10%. When you add flies to your basket you will see the requirements for you to take advantage of the discounts.
- Weights - We've been busy weighing all of our nymphs - it's taking ages, but we are geeks at heart! You will see that from our menu system you can now choose your nymphs by weight (light, medium & heavy).
- Hook Sizes - We've also added some extra functionality to allow you to further refine your searches by hook size. For example, if you choose to view all our Mediumweight Grayling nymphs, you can then further refine this by hook size.
If there are any other alterations/additions you would like us to make to the site, please let me know (by replying to this email). We're always open to any suggestions - so long as they're legal!