As Smooth As Silk - New In & Back By Popular Demand
So, why should you use a silk line:
- They have mo memory - completely limp
- There's no stretch - improved hookups
- They are denser than plastic fly lines and therefore much thinner; and
- Thinner lines mean much less wind resistance
- They float better than plastic fly lines - they float on the water surface, not in it making roll casts and mending line much easier
- You get 3 lines in one; When fully greased it's a floating Line, grease everything except the tip and you have a midge-tip line, don't grease it and you have an intermediate/sinking line.
- They can last a lifetime - so long as they are cared for and stored correctly a silk line can last a lifetime - and indeed will get better with age
*** Each of our Silk lines are shipped with a handy box (to keep them in when not on the reel), a microfibre cloth (to clean/help dry them) and full line care instructions ***
These lines are made in the UK (in Sheffield, Yorkshire to be precise), by Ian Moxon.
We currently have a stock of line weights from a DT4 to DT12. Ian's fly lines are available from only £39.99 (for the DT6 Half Line - 14yds) right up to a DT12 for only £119.99 - which for a silk line is an outstanding value.
If you would like to know more about the use and care of silk lines we have a dedicated page here.
Go on, treat yourself!
Our DHE Selection - Now Back In Stock
The Deer Hair Emerger is a classic early-season pattern (for both rivers and stillwaters) across the whole of the UK. Made popular by Bob Wyatt in his classic book 'Trout Hunting - The Pursuit of Happiness' .
The patterns is quite 'rough and ready' - by design. The key to this style of fly is in the rough body and the deer hair used - it has to be hair from the winter coat of the animal as this is more buoyant due to the increased amount of air contained within each strand (each strand of deer hair is hollow and is a great insulator).
The key to fishing this style of pattern is how you treat the fly when dry - just apply a little floatant to the tips of the deer hair. This will cock the fly to sit correctly in the water, you need the fly to sit so you can only see the tips of the deer hair on the water surface - ideal for low water and spooky fish.
Our Deer Hair Emergers are now back in stock again and available as a selection of 16 flies (4 different patterns - see above, 2 each of sizes 14 & 16).
We are supplying all of these for only £20. All are supplied in our eco-friendly packaging and delivered to you free of charge.
Just click on any image or button in this email to view the flies in more detail.
Go on, what are you waiting for, they're perfect for summer!
Last 2 Remaining!
We've only got one each of the stunning Vision Dry Hero (8'0" 4wt) fly rods remaining - our offer of the rod for only £169.99 still stands - but closes at midnight tomorrow.
If you have any questions or queries on any of the silk lines, flies or Vision rods, just reply to this email and I will answer them where I can.
Tight lines & have fun.