The Barbless Klink 'n' Dink Selection,
We have put together a selection flies specifically for the Klink n Dink method of searching the water. We present this selection of 5 Dinkhamers & 16 Nymphs which are designed for the exact purpose of searching a river. Delivered in our eco-friendly packaging and as always we offer free delivery to anywhere in the world.
What's the Klink 'n' Dink method I hear you ask?
It's only the most effective searching setup there is! It allows you to fish both a dry fly and nymph at the same time and is the most effective method for searching the water when there are no obvious hatches in progress (or fish showing themselves). There's a full description of the Klink 'n' Dink method further down this email if you want to know more information.
They're only for rivers though, aren't they?
No way Pedro, have you ever tried suspending a buzzer under one? They make ideal sight indicators on stillwaters and can hold a team of buzzers at a constant depth, whilst acting as an easy-to-see bite indicator.
This selection includes:
- Indicator Dinkhamer - 1 of size 12
- Adams Dinkhamer - 1 of size 12
- Klink n Dinkhamer -1 of size 12
- Olive Dinkhamer - 1 of size 12
- Black Dinkhamer - 1 of size 12
- Black Beaded Tungsten Herl - 2 each of size 14 & 16
- Copper Beaded Tungsten Herl - 2 each of size 14 & 16
- White Beaded Tungsten Herl - 2 each of size 14 & 16
- Silver Beaded Tungsten Herl - 2 each of size 14 & 16
The Klink 'n' Dink Method
This method is the best way to search a water when there are no obvious signs of fish activity. Essentially it is a way of fishing a dry fly and a nymph at the same time. The tippet ring on the fly allows you to fish these using the klink 'n' dink method (a bit of a sticking point normally when using barbless hooks!). You can use the same rod, line and leader as you would when fishing a dry fly.
Typical Leader Setup
- Tie the Dinkhamer to your leader as you would for any normal dry fly setup
- Tie a length of tippet to the tippet ring - I generally use 1.5 x the depth I want to fish at.
- Tie your nymph to the other end of the tippet.
- Cast upstream and fish it just as you would a dry fly. Watch the Dinkhamer for any signs of a take on the nymph - or the Dinkhamer itself.
The above price includes 21 Dinkhamers and Nymphs suitable for both river and Stillwater fishing, supplied in our eco-friendly packaging.
All products from Barbless Flies are shipped free of charge to anywhere in the world.