It's September and this month is usually dominated by 3 hatches:
- Terrestrials - September is known for the Daddy Long Legs, and Beetles - we've got you covered for those in this months selection.
- Sedges - Don't get to the river without any sedge patterns in September, it's one of the most popular flies encountered both at the beginning and end of the day.
- Iron Blues - The re-appearance of the Iron Blue, in the late season is a bonus for the fly angler.
- Olives - In its various forms, the most common up-winged fly on the rivers in September.
Our September Selection contains 26 flies (18 dries & 8 nymphs):
- Deadly Daddy - 1 x size 10
- Glo Daddy - 1 x size 10
- Willow Daddy - 1 x size 10
- Griffiths's Sparkle Gnat - 2 x of size 14
- Indicator Sedge Caddis - 2 x sizes 14 & 16
- Iron Blue Dun - 1 x size 18
- Iron Blue Emerger - 1 x sizes 14 & 18
- Iron Blue Spider - 1 x size 14
- Parachute Iron Blue - 1 x sizes 14 & 16
- Olive Foam Klinkhammer - 1 x size 14 and 2 x size 18
- Olive Quill Tungsten Nymph - 2 x size 18
- Orange-Head Mary Tungsten Nymph - 2 x size 18
- Snail Bomb - 2 x size 12
- Black Bead Beetle - 2 x size 12
As you may be aware we used to provide a subscription service, called The River Box, which has now been discontinued due to the costs of the software to run it! We have decided to make a selection of flies from the book available each month - no need to signup for a subscription, just buy them as and when you want them.
These flies are only available as a selection, just click on "add to cart", you can then adjust the quantities in your cart.