It's March! There’s great excitement his month with the beginning of the trout season on most UK rivers. However, don’t get too excited, as normally the season starts off very slowly with most of the action below the surface (which is why we've included some classic spider patterns in our March selection). To tie in with our Fly Anglers Almanac (which is still available to buy, click here), we are making available to you, each month, a selection of the flies which appear in the book - allowing you to 'match the hatch'.
As you may be aware we used to provide a subscription service, called The River Box, which has now been discontinued due to the costs of the software to run it! We have decided to make a selection of flies from the book available each month - no need to signup for a subscription, just buy them as and when you want them.
This March Selection contains 16 flies:
- Stacked Hackle March Brown - 2 x Size 14
- Winged March Brown - 2 x Size 14
- Partridge & Orange Spider 2 x Size 16
- Waterhen Bloa Spider - 2 x Size 14
- Snipe & Purple Spider - 2 x Size 16
- CdC March Brown - 2 x Size 12
- Standard March Brown - 2 x Size 14
- Woodcock & Red Spider - 2 x Size 14
These flies are only available as a selection, just click on "add to cart", you can then adjust the quantities in your cart.