It's June. This month is dominated by 3 main hatches:
- Mayflies - In the more northern parts of the UK, the Mayfly will just be getting into gear at the beginning of June and will last through to the end of the month. In the more southern rivers, there will just be a couple of weeks of Mayfly remaining.
- Iron Blue's - Abundant on virtually all waters (both running and still) across May and June. This is one of the smallest of up-winged flies and Iron Blue imitations can be deadly once the fish lose interest in the Mayfly.
- Caddis/Sedge - These flies are nocturnal and their imitations are best fished in the evening or early mornings. Some of the best sport can be had when fishing these as the sun starts to rise!
You will find out much more about both the Iron Blue and the various Caddis species (and all the other flies which hatch in June) in our 'Hatch Chat' series of emails, which will be with you throughout this month.
Our June Selection contains 26 flies:
- CdC Mayfly Dun - 2 x Size 10 & 2 x Size 12
- Goddard's Sedge (Natural) - 2 x Size 12
- Goddard's Sedge (Green) - 2 x Size 12
- Griffith's Sparkle Gnat - 2 x Size 16 & 2 x Size 18
- Indicator Caddis - 2 x Size 18
- Iron Blue Emerger - 2 x Size 14, 2 x Size 16 & 2 x Size 18
- Iron Blue Dun - 2 x Size 14, 2 x Size 16 & 2 x Size 18
As you may be aware we used to provide a subscription service, called The River Box, which has now been discontinued due to the costs of the software to run it! We have decided to make a selection of flies from the book available each month - no need to signup for a subscription, just buy them as and when you want them.
These flies are only available as a selection, just click on "add to cart", you can then adjust the quantities in your cart.