Squirrel and White Jig - from Stefano Baggi
Squirrel and White, the original dressing is made with hare but I think the squirrel mixed with CdC and Golden fibres is incredibly catchy due to its mobility and fluffiness.
- Tail: Brown Rooster
- Body: Squirrel/CdC/Golden Fibre Blend
- Thorax: Hare With UV Angel Hair
- Neck: Red Floss Covered With UV
- Bead: Tungsten Slotted 4.5mm Gold
- Hook: Wizard J-2 Competition Jig Size 10
- Weight: 0.9g
Now that Winter is finally making an appearance and the frosts are starting to become more regular, the Grayling will have started to shoal up in the deeper pockets. With the rivers generally higher than normal and the flow often stronger, you're going to need something a bit heavier if you want to target the Grayling in these conditions. Enter The Heavy Mob from Stefano Baggi, these Grayling (and Trout) nymphs are absolutely deadly on his local rivers in Italy, try them on yours!
All of his flies are tested on his local rivers and streams and are great for Grayling (and the odd trout). Stefano's local rivers include:
- River Oglio - Where you can find Marble Trout, Brown Trout, Grayling and Lake Trout.
- River Sesia and Mastallone - In the lovely Valsesia (Piedmont), famous for big Marble, Rainbow and Brown Trout.
- River Adda and Chiese - famous for big and stunning Grayling
His flies are especially effective on rivers where you need to get down deep quickly. So they will be invaluable on some of the deeper and faster flowing rivers here in the UK.