There are not many firsts in salmon fishing - but we believe this is one of them.
Essentially it is a journal to accompany you throughout your salmon fishing year. Something you can annotate and make notes in, allowing you to refer back to in years to come - helping you ‘crack the code’ on those difficult days.
We’ve called it an Almanac as it takes its inspiration from a few different sources, think of it as a cross-over between:
- Old Moore’s Almanac - An annual publication that prophecies what will happen throughout the year - only this one is fly fishing related.
- The Fly Fishers Entomology - A seminal publication from 1836 by Alfred Ronalds, the first to detail river fly life from the angler's point of view.
- A Moleskine Diary - As used by Van Gogh, Picasso & Ernest Hemingway
For each season in the salmon fishing year - covering the conditions you are likely to expect - there are pages detailing fly selection info, techniques, tips and tricks, including pages to note your catch return and any tactics used.
Our 2022 Salmon Anglers Almanac is available now in three separate formats for immediate delivery:
Paperback Edition @ £19.99 - Special Launch Offer - The standard soft-covered book edition price will revert to £24.99 from 1st Jan 2022.
- Leather Limited Edition @ £49.99 - Limited to only 100 signed & numbered copies, supplied in a presentation box (including a pen and 'arty' bookmarks).
Frequently Asked Questions:
We've had quite a few questions on our Almanac, so I thought it would be helpful to answer the most asked since we launched it!
"Who is it aimed at?"
- The Almanac can be used by salmon anglers of all skill levels, but will be most useful to those who are new to our sport or with limited experience and those wanting to know more about which techniques/flies to use in which conditions. We've even had anglers with 50+ years of experience comment on how informative they found it.
"As your a UK based company, is it only for UK rivers/anglers?"
- No, is the short answer. Whilst the information contained within the Almanac is based on experts knowledge (who mainly fish in the UK), the techniques and flies discussed are relevant whether you fish rivers in Canada, Russia or any Nordic country.
"How long do I have to wait for delivery?"
- We only advertise products which we actually have in stock. So if you order an Almanac from us, you will receive it within a couple of days (assuming you're in the UK, orders to addresses outside of the UK can take up to 10 working days depending on location. We still deliver all orders FAST & FREE to anywhere in the world.
- Yes, this will be an annual publication, with the aim for you to use this Almanac to keep a record of your salmon fishing year in 2022. Next years Almanac will contain even more information and techniques. We are hoping that over time our Almanacs will build into a library of information dedicated to each of your fishing years.
- No problem at all, just return it to us and we will give you a full refund - no questions asked.