Red-Neck Pheasant Tail Jig - from Stefano Baggi
We're sorry this product is Out Of Stock
If you would like to be notified when it's back in stock, please enter your email address in the box below, and click "Notify Me".
This Jig is one of the most popular dressings among fly anglers in Europe, the Pheasant Tail has probably caught fish in every river of the world, simply a must-have fly!
- Tail: Brown Rooster
- Body: Pheasant Tail Fibres Ribbed With 0.2 Copper Wire
- Thorax: Spectra Peacock Dubbing
- Bead: Tungsten Slotted 4.5mm Gold
- Neck: Red Floss Covered With UV
- Hook: Wizard J-2 Competition Jig Size 10
- Weight: 0.9g
Now that Winter is finally making an appearance and the frosts are starting to become more regular, the Grayling will have started to shoal up in the deeper pockets. With the rivers generally higher than normal and the flow often stronger, you're going to need something a bit heavier if you want to target the Grayling in these conditions. Enter The Heavy Mob from Stefano Baggi, these Grayling (and Trout) nymphs are absolutely deadly on his local rivers in Italy, try them on yours!
All of his flies are tested on his local rivers and streams and are great for Grayling (and the odd trout). Stefano's local rivers include:
- River Oglio - Where you can find Marble Trout, Brown Trout, Grayling and Lake Trout.
- River Sesia and Mastallone - In the lovely Valsesia (Piedmont), famous for big Marble, Rainbow and Brown Trout.
- River Adda and Chiese - famous for big and stunning Grayling
His flies are especially effective on rivers where you need to get down deep quickly. So they will be invaluable on some of the deeper and faster flowing rivers here in the UK.