Feathersmith was born from the passion we have here at Barbless Flies for fly fishing. We treat all of our flies as we would a piece of jewellery and look at each as a miniature work of art - it's all about quality materials and attention to detail.
All of our Feathersmith kits include access to a full step-by-step tying video, along with associated videos on:
- The fly patterns history
- How to best fish the finished fly
This third in the series of kits focuses on the CdC Bubble Caddis dry fly - one of the most successful dry fly patterns used in the UK.
This dry fly is perfect for targeting both Trout and Grayling on rivers and stillwaters and is one of the most successful dry fly patterns used throughout the year.
This CdC Bubble Caddis pattern is suitable for:
Target Species: Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout & Early-Season Grayling
Water Types: Rivers & Stillwaters
Location: All UK
Tying Difficulty: Easy to Moderate (full video skills provided)
Our CdC Bubble Caddis kit contains:
- Ahrex FW521 in sizes #12, #14 & #16
- Semperfli Classic Black 8/0 Waxed Thread
- 1st Grade CdC (Natural)
- Ice Dubbing (Olive)
- Drake Mallard Flank (Light Brown)
- Hare’s Mask Natural Dubbing
- Pre-Tied Sample CdC Bubble Caddis
Contained inside each kit is a leaflet which will direct you to a secret page on our website where all the videos can be accessed.
With the help of some professional fly tyers, we've identified some really beautiful and unique fly patterns, gathered together all of the materials from world-class and well-respected manufacturers (like Semperfli & Ahrex) and then created a kit which allows you to tie one specific pattern - 30 of each in 3 different hook sizes.
Here's what's included when you purchase one of our pattern-specific kits:
- A kit full of world-class materials - more than enough to tie all 30 flies in the kit
- A video tutorial detailing the history of the fly you are tying
- A video tutorial of how to tie the fly - presented by a professional fly tyer
- A video tutorial of how to use and fish the finished fly
The other piece of advice you will always hear is "It's more expensive to tie your own flies than it is to buy them." - not anymore it isn't, our Feathersmith kits allow you to tie a stunning pattern with the very best materials available - all for less than £1 per fly - now that is great value.