*** FREE Digital copy with every Alamanc sold today - Download instructions will be emailed to you automatically once you have completed your purchase ***
Successful river fishing is all about observation - carefully watching what is happening all around you, and then translating this information into your choice of fly. As always there is no substitute for experience, but there are a few short-cuts you can use to help you gain that experience quicker. This book helps you with gaining experience (and knowledge) quickly. It identifies, for each month of the year, what you should be looking for and which flies to use to imitate the insects hatching around you.
I'm a firm believer that each river has its own nuances as far as fishing (and the fish contained within it) are concerned, and that the most successful anglers on any given stretch of water are the ones with the most experience of it. Generally in life, there are no shortcuts, but there are ways to help your experience along a little quicker.
Our ALL NEW & UPDATED for 2022 River Fly Anglers Almanac outlines which flies are expected to hatch and which flies to use to best imitate them. It follows the fly fishing year - starting in March 2022 (ending in February 2023) - detailing the hatches and flies to use for each month. Along with all the hatches and fly info, there's a whole host of other new information, including specific insect info and even pages to jot down your notes and your catch return for each month.
Essentially this is a journal to accompany you throughout your river fly fishing year. Something you can annotate and make notes in, allowing you to refer back to in years to come - helping you ‘crack the code’ on those difficult days.
We’ve called it an Almanac as it takes its inspiration from a few different sources, think of it as a cross over between:
- Old Moore’s Almanac - An annual publication that prophecies what will happen throughout the year - only this one is fly fishing related.
- The Fly Fishers Entomology - A seminal publication from 1836 by Alfred Ronalds, the first to detail river fly life from the angler's point of view.
- A Moleskine Diary - As used by Van Gogh, Picasso & Ernest Hemingway
For each month in the river fly fishing year - covering the conditions and hatches you are likely to expect - there are pages detailing fly selection info, techniques, tips and tricks, including pages to note your catch return and any tactics used.
Our 2022 River Fly Anglers Almanac is available now in two separate formats for immediate delivery:
- Digital Edition @ £9.99 - Available as a downloadable ebook (and pdf) format, delivered directly to your inbox as soon as your order is placed.
- Paperback Edition @ £19.99 - professionally printed on high-quality paper stock.
Frequently Asked Questions:
We've had quite a few questions on our Almanac, so I thought it would be helpful to answer the most asked since we launched it!
”I bought last years Almanac, will I learn anything from this one?”
- In short yes, this years almanac is 40% bigger than last years and is 100% new - in fact, nothing has been duplicated from last year. We've updated it with lots more flies, tips, tricks & techniques you will find this is the perfect addition to the 2021 Almanac.
"Who is it aimed at?"
- The Almanac can be used by fly anglers of all skill levels, but will be most useful to those who are new to our sport or with limited experience and those wanting to know more about which techniques/flies to use in which conditions. We've even had anglers with 50+ years experience comment on how informative they found it.
"As your a UK based company, is it only for UK & Ireland rivers/anglers?"
- No, is the short answer. Whilst the information contained within the Almanac is based on experts knowledge (who mainly fish in the UK & Ireland), the techniques and flies discussed are relevant whether you fish rivers in Europe, USA, Australia or New Zealand.
"How long do I have to wait for delivery?"
- We only advertise products which we actually have in stock. So if you order an Almanac from us, you will receive it within a couple of days (assuming you're in the UK), orders to addresses outside of the UK can take up to 10 working days depending on location. We still deliver all orders FAST & FREE to anywhere in the world.
- Yes, this will be an annual publication, with the aim for you to use this Almanac to keep a record of your fly fishing year in 2022. Next years Almanac will contain even more information and techniques. We are hoping that over time our Almanacs will build into a library of information dedicated to each of your fishing years.
- No problem at all, just return it to us and we will give you a full refund - no questions asked.